Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day at Menlo College: On Campus

By the Menlo Oak Staff

It was really romantic. It was the night before Valentine’s Day. The place, Russell Center on Menlo College. The event, an on-campus romantic dinner for Menlo students. Menlo students.
It was “Date Night,” a special event to start the Valentine celebration. Chef Rob Adan created a three-course meal—salad, an entrée choice of either Parmesan chicken or Fillet of Sole and dessert of chocolate-dipped strawberries.

"The food was amazing. I honestly think Sodexo should hire Rob Adan to cook in the cafe. Besides the food though, I had a really nice night with my girlfriend. It was romantic and best of all free,"  said Mata Tagaloa

The serving staff consisted of students and faculty members.
Later that evening, in the Fireside Lounge, Menlo students gathered for “Valentine’s Day Prep.” It was an all-out DIY session, with flower making, cupcake decorating and chocolate writing.

There were lots of Menlo men making bouquets for their girlfriends. There were also lots of singles making Valentine’s for them.

"Love makes me realize a lot of things I didn't know about myself. Sometimes love makes me realize that I'm really really bad at surprising my girlfriend on Valentines Day by going to the smallest campus in the world and making a flower bouquet that my cheap...couldn't afford," stated Kaimi Haina.
Menlo's men were the only ones creating floral arrangements. Lots of women were creating floral designs, too.
"These flower's are for me. I guess Jordan can have one too if he wants," Anu Gabrie said.
Yes, romance was in the air at Menlo College. Click here to see a photo slideshow of the people at the campus events.

___________

Menlo Oak Staff members Nadia Le'i, Mika Mendoza, Stephanie Wertz, Amy Tanako and Josh Waller-Weinberg contributed to this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment