Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Year of Pride



By Nadia Le’i
Oak Staff
The year 2012 was a roller coaster of emotions. There were moments of inspiration, while I was able to watch the World Series in the back yard of San Francisco and flashes of disbelief as the lives of 20 innocent children were taken.
My Top 10 stories of 2012 were based on a range of events. Although there were some serious events chosen, there were also a couple that hit closer to home. As a young Hawaiian from the islands, Manti Te’o’s journey through the 2012 college football season brought me a sense of pride. His successful season, Heisman trophy or not, was a story I felt was necessary to cover.
From the Hawaiian Islands to Northern California, it felt right to carry over my pride to the San Francisco Giants. Their amazing season and World Series win was an amazing moment to experience.
Along with these top sports stories were several others which made the cut, including the elections, the death of Whitney Houston and several significant others.

 Click here to view all of my top 10 stories of 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment